Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The 14 th week is all about smiles, toys & playtime!
This has been a great week in terms of development for Logan. His growth spurt has changed him a bit & it's been so much fun. His chiropractor tells us that he is incredibly strong for his age & he is just amazed. Logan doesn't compare to the other babies his age that are getting adjusted (yea for baby work outs!). He hasn't rolled over yet, but he is standing when we hold his hands. He's standing for quite sometime until his legs get tired & then he'll sit up for even longer. A couple of nights ago while Bill was holding him on the couch, Logan tried to sit up by himself. He was so close. The crunches he does have started to pay off. He'll be sitting up in no time! He grew like a weed & is now in 6-9 month clothes. This happened practically overnight! The arms & torso of his clothes are a little baggy, but they fit his legs now. He's going to be one tall kid.


He loves to play with his toys now. He still likes to chew on them, but looks at them & feels them with his hands a little more. He can sit & entertain himself for a bit, but he definitely prefers to have playtime with Mommy rather than by himself. When we go grocery shopping, he will play with his toys & smile at the deli clerk & anyone else who stops to look at him & say hi.

He giggles a little more often now, but not a full on belly laugh yet. He likes to sit on my knees & if I sing him a song & act really funny, he'll giggle. He still giggles the most on the changing table when I try to get his arms out of his sleeves. Yesterday I was tickling him under his arms & he was so close to really laughing. His giggles were getting louder & louder. It was hilarious!


He is fascinated with his feet & has attempted to grab them. He pulls at his pant legs more than his feet, but he's trying. It's so funny when I put his slippers on his feet. He really doesn't know what to think about them.

He is happy to take naps in his crib now. If I don't let him fall asleep in the swing or on me, I'll get him swaddled & he doesn't cry. He'll go right down. Bedtime is still a totally different story. The minute I turn out the lights & sit with him in the rocking chair, all hell breaks loose. I can't blame him for being upset about going to bed. Both of his parents are night owls & who really wants to go to bed before everyone else anyway?

He's started to cry from being frightened. The other night after dinner, I pushed in one of the chairs & it made a really loud noise & made him cry. When Bill & I were talking about going to the children's museum, I told him about a picture of a grandpa playing with a 3 week old, a 3 month old & a toddler. "They have old people there to play with the kids?" To which we both laughed hard & it made Logan cry. "I swear we won't make you play with old people"! I told him as I tried to calm him down. What a trip. It's been one fun & funny week.

No comments: