Tuesday, May 16, 2006

In the 15 th week we have distracted nursing & lots of talking.
Logan seems to change so much every week. He's learning a ton of new things! He's getting to bed better. Still fussing a bit, but nothing like the last few weeks where he made it sound like his arms & legs were getting ripped off. He's really good about taking his naps too. It's pretty cute when I put him down (wide awake) because he has the biggest smile on his face. If he starts to kick & crunch out of his swaddle, I'll turn on the mobil & he's good until he falls asleep.

The biggest challenge (which really isn't that bad) is him turning into a distracted nurser. At first I didn't know what to think about this. I did a little reading up on it & I guess it's just a phase he's in & he'll grow out of it. It's kind of annoying though. He'll latch on, eat a little, latch off, look at the cat. Latch on, eat a bit, latch off, look up at me & smile (this is really cute though, I have to admit). As long as he's getting a good nursing session in sometime during the day, he'll be fine nutritionally.

We've been working on his hand-eye coordination. He grabs his binky from my hand & tries to put it in his mouth. He's getting pretty good at it, not perfect, but close! He loves to stand too. If he gets too worked up, all I have to do is stand him up & he gets quiet. He loves to do this after a bath & watch himself in the mirror.

Logan has totally turned into a talker now. That's what most of our day consists of. Talking (or "baby yelling") back & forth. It makes me laugh so hard, no sound comes out & my eyes start to water. I took some pictures of him talking this afternoon (I need to learn how to make the sound on our videos better).

This is a high pitched sigh "aaaAAAAAhhhhhhhh"


This is my favorite. It's a throaty, gurgle "aaaaaaa"


This is him working on his "Oooooohh". I used to squish his cheeks together to make his mouth pucker. He would stick his tongue out & "ooooohhhh". He doesn't like to do it too much anymore.

This kid is constantly talking though. If he's not talking to me, then he's talking to his fish on his swing, his toys that he plays with while sitting in the Boppy & he's even talked to the T.V. a couple of times. We didn't start baby signing yet, like I wanted to do 3 weeks ago, but now I totally think he's ready to learn some more on communication.

This is such a fun age. He's really smart & quick to learn. Bill & I talk about how we wouldn't be surprised if he starts talking sooner than most babies. Now, if I can only get him to sleep in little bit longer & take longer naps....

2 comments:

Reesh said...

Lily is a big time talker as well and it's the greatest thing in the world. I'm just curious, what is baby singing?

Lily is also a distracted nurser, which means she only feeds for about 5 minutes every hour or so. It's alright cause I know she's getting enough, but it is a wee bit exausting.

Sorry to hear about your financial woes. I hope whatever road you venture down, it will be the right one...

Kristin said...

Baby signing is some basic sign language that helps them communicate before they can speak. They will be able to let you know when they're hungry, cold, tired, etc. It really helps with frustration & tantrums. They really don't start "getting" it until about 6 months old. I wanted to start sooner, on the recommendation of a friend who started her daughter at 3 months. I think now that Logan's communication skill are improving, he'll understand signing more.