Friday, May 19, 2006

In my next life I'm going to be a P.I.
I've just spent an hour or so corresponding with a tech support guy from one of the sites that was involved with the PayPal fraud. He emailed Bill this morning asking why we did a refund on the software. I emailed back telling him it was a fraudulent transaction & explained the situation.

It turns out that this guy lives in New York & not only has access to the PayPal account (which is now frozen) but he also has access to Bill's email account & has been emailing the support guy through hotmail. The support guy forwarded all of the correspondance with this scum bag, including the site URL (that doesn't work) & a phone number (that goes directly to voice mail). The support guy also sent the information on where the email was sent from. It's total gibberish to me, so I'll have to contact hotmail & figure it out.

The good news is that we got our money back, we have some information about this guy & hopefully it will be enough to enable PayPal & our bank to catch this sucker. The bad news is, we have to go through our credit report & all other information to see if this guy has done anything else (hopefully not) & change everything up. I swear, if I'm the one that catches this guy, he's going to be very sorry I did.

3 comments:

Canadian Mommy said...

Glad you got your money back! I hope you catch that bastard!

Rachel said...

That's great that you got your money back. I hope the ass gets caught and tortured.

Reesh said...

Yay yay yay! It sounds like this is a bit of good news in amoungst the chaos that is your life right now. It makes me very happy. I hope more good news comes your way soon...