Wednesday, May 03, 2006

We finally have Dad at home.
Since Bill's transfer to the new gym, he's been home so much more. He hasn't had to start until 10 or 11 am & then he gets to come home for lunch. Bill has a chance to see Logan in clothes other than PJ's!

We've been waking up & eating breakfast with coffee together. Yesterday I jumped straight in the shower & Bill had some father-son time in the morning. That was really nice. When he comes home for lunch, we have time to talk about our days without passing out cold from exhaustion on the couch. I also get a chance to actually eat in peace too.

Last night we were talking about mom/mommy blogs, about how much time working parents get to spend with their kids & I made the comment about how I don't think I could spend more than 3 or 4 hours away from Logan. "Yeah, it's pretty weird being at work", he sighed. "There were a couple of days that I didn't see Logan at all. By the time I got home, he was in bed. When I left for work in the morning, the two of you were still sleeping". It was sad to realize how much time he spent at work. Even though the budget may be a little tight, having Bill spending more time at home is much more valuable.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

That's great that you guys are getting to spend more time together.

ezri.blue said...

I agree. Mine leaves for work shortly before 7am and doesn't generally get home until around 630p-7p. Our daughter misses him so much, and almost always showers him with grins and smiles as soon as he walks in the door.

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

SOOO worth it to live on less and get more family time. We were very lucky to have been able to do that, and I don't think I'd change a thing. Except maybe we could win the lottery next time, LOL.