Friday, May 12, 2006

Just as Logan grows, so does the blog.
When I first put this blog together, I thought the only people who would be reading it were my friends & family. I thought that blogging would be a really cool way to keep a journal of my new life, the experiences that our new little family goes through & to someday share all of it with Logan.

It has become a great way for me to express myself & get some things off of my chest (as I'm one to usually keep it all in) & a way to get to know so many other moms across the world who are going through (or have already been through) some of the same life events. It's been comforting to know that I'm not the only mom with "crazy overprotective feelings", "granola hippy" views on vaccinations & the feelings of insanity during the first few weeks of Logan being home.

When I added the stat counter, I just wanted to see how many people really were reading about our life. I was a little surprised. Not that there are millions, but there are more people than I ever would've thought. I've noticed that the number of people reading is steadily rising. I've received a few emails from moms introducing themselves & their family blogs as well. This is great! It's been so much fun getting to know so many new moms (& a lot more reading material).

I have been updating the sidebar with little things here & there (home videos, monthly growth) & I want to update the Mom Blogs links. If you visit our blog, leave a comment & introduce yourself! I would love to know who all of you are, how you came across our neck of the internet, anything else you would like to add & leave a link to your blog so I can add you to the Blogroll. I look forward to meeting all of you & your cute little kiddos!

8 comments:

the boyd girls.... said...

You can link mine if you want...
keri

Kristin said...

Thanks Keri :)
I wasn't sure because you don't have a link on your profile & I didn't know if you just wanted friends & famliy to visit.

Canadian Mommy said...

I thought mine would be that way also! I never thought people I didn't know IRL would ever read me!

Rachel said...

I found you through girl from florida I believe. If not then I just stumbled across you while surfing. I enjoy reading your blog, it reminds me of when I was at home with my first. Feel free to link if you'd like!

Virginia Revoir said...

feel free to link mine. I love other family sites also.

Unknown said...

I don't remember how I found your blog... I think it was when you were pregnant or just starting to talk about getting your figure back... anyway, I love your writing and reading your journey, and I added you as a link on my blogroll. My little girl is 5 weeks old today so it's fun to see what we have to look forward to.

Reesh said...

I too was totally amazed when I installed my stat counter. I have fans!! And I cannot keep up with all these blogs now that Lily has arrived. But I would love to be added to your blogroll.

Oh and thanks for your wonderful comment about Lily and Logan sharing the same birthday. It was cool to think of you thinking of me on the day you went into labour. The internet never fails to amaze me.

liz said...

I don't remember how I came across your site, but I love reading other Mommy Blogs. Logan is adorable and I read your blog regularly.
My son is 8 weeks old and in those moments when he's sleeping or totally enthralled by the blue monkey on his playmat, I read my blogs. [[And, apparently, write run-on sentences.]]
I'm not sure I have any readers of my own, beyond my husband and brother, but feel free to link back...