Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Lucky 13 th week
Logan's personality is really starting to show now. He is so cute & so sweet. His smile just melts my heart. He is a flirt with other people, giving them big smiles when they talk to him. He can be shy at times (mostly with his dad) & he'll turn his head & burry his face into my chest when Bill talks to him. He is very playful & likes to tease me when I'm changing his clothes. When I try to get his arms out of his sleeves, he'll pull them in tight, smile & make a little shriek. On Sunday he started to giggle while doing this. He's so close to laughing! I can't wait!

He's using his hands so much now. If they aren't shoved completely in his mouth, he's grabbing a blanket or burp cloth to mouth on. He loves it when I kiss his hands & nibble on his fingers. He will grab my chin & my nose now too. He really likes to hold his binky in his mouth & will sometimes take it out & wave it around. He hasn't figured out how to put it back in with his hands, but he has figured out how to do it with his arm. If his binky has fallen out & landed in the crook of his elbow, he'll lift his arm & put it right back in. He's pretty clever!

He loves to look around the house & really likes to look at Buddah. He seems to have a preference for him over Kitty. I don't know why, because Buddha has the worst dog breath I've ever smelled. Boys & their dogs, I guess. Logan watches me eat with much interest & I have to tell him, "You have a long time before you get to eat some of this stuff kiddo"! He likes to look at the words in his books rather than the pictures when I read to him. He has started to notice his feet too. He hasn't reached out for them yet, but he'll stare at them, just mesmerized. He gives me a really funny look when I kiss his toes & blow on the bottom of his feet. Sometimes I'll keep him busy by putting slippers on him. He thinks that's pretty fun.

He gets stronger by the minute. He holds his head up for a long time while doing tummy time & his push ups are coming along nicely. He no longer rests his head on my chest when we are tummy to tummy & would rather push up & look around. He can support his head when he sits up, but still needs a little help with sitting up straight. He can be in the Baby Bjorn facing out now & he loves it. He can sit on my hip while I walk around the house & his back is strong enough to support him. He loves to stand too. I 'll have him stand on the floor when we play, or he'll stand on my stomach when we work out.

It seems like we are on the tail end of his growth spurt. He's getting back to eating every 3 hours or so. His body language when he's tired is much more clear. Before, I would just pay attention to the color of his eyelids. When Bill gets tired his ears turn red. When Logan gets tired, it's his eyelids that turn red. Now, Logan will rub his eyes & he gets a little grumpy too. He still tries to fight going to sleep, but we're working on that.

I love every minute of being a mom & hanging out with him all day. He is so cute & so much fun, I really wouldn't care if we never left the house (sort of). Often times when we play & he's smiling at me, I get a little choked up. I just feel so much love for him I feel like I'm going to burst.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

What a little cutie pie he is! I wouldn't want to leave the house either. You're certainly doing a good job with him.

Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

Yeah, you know whatever you're doing is excellent. HE'S SO ADORABLE!!! And yes, VERY clever indeed. lol

Canadian Mommy said...

Aw! What great smiles! Sounds like a really well rounded kiddo! That's awesome!