Saturday, May 27, 2006

Logan's first day swimming
The pool in our neighborhood opened this weekend. Thankfully, because it's 92 degrees out too. I've been so excited to take Logan swimming ever since he was born. Considering how much he loves to take a bath, I thought he would love swimming just as much.

He was pretty sleepy when we walked over & he actually fell asleep in the stroller. He woke right up once he got in the water though. He didn't know what to think about it & it took him a little while to get adjusted to the temperature. I think he felt a little odd not being as supported as he is in his bathtub. He was all scrunched up. He eventually straightened out his arms & legs to let loose.

He had a great time just hanging out, floating around & watching all of the other kids splash around us. He kept his hands in his mouth for most of the time, the whole while I'm thinking about the chlorine & other junk he putting in his mouth.
We stayed in the pool for quite a while. He started to grunt after a bit, so I got out & wrapped him up in a towel. He passed out on my chest & I decided to cuddle him & sun tan my legs while we were there. He took a nice little nap & woke up to eat. That was my cue to go home, because honestly, I wasn't about to feed him there. I think we did ok with sun protection for him. I slathered him in SPF 50, kept his wide brimmed hat & sunglasses on. Now that we're home he doesn't look pink & he's so happy. I don't think he's ever smiled this much!

1 comment:

Canadian Mommy said...

I love taking babies swimming! You look great btw!